Saturday, November 13, 2021

Big Bear Marathon

John and I went to California so I could try to re-qualify for the Boston Marathon since it was cancelled in 2020. I move up an age group so it allowed me 10 extra minutes. This race will qualify me for Boston 2023. It will also qualify me for New York 2022 which has stricter time cut offs. The race started up in the mountains in 30* temps! The first 9 miles were rolling hills, then from mile 10-20 it was downhill. The last 6 leveled off a little, but were still downhill. I ran well until about mile 17. The weather got hot and was about 80* at the finish. I needed a lot of water and had to start walking through the water stations. I made my A goal which was to be under 3 hours and 20 minutes. This is a 20 minute PR. I had a good training cycle without injuries so I was hoping for a good run. I qualified for Boston with a 33 minute buffer and to New York with a 21 minute buffer. We enjoyed the weather the rest of Saturday and flew back to NWA early Sunday. Mimi enjoyed taking care of the kids while we were gone. A lot of driving!

Margaret also qualified for Boston. We met up with our friend, Kate, too!













It was cold at home!























 

No comments:

Post a Comment