Monday, May 11, 2009

HEALTHY BABIES!

We had our big ultrasound today and we are so thankful the babies are healthy. We have to go back in two weeks for a few more pictures because of the way the babies were laying. We missed a few pictures of baby A and B's hearts and Baby Cs arms and legs. The doctor assured me this happens all the time because it is hard to get all the babies to cooperate in one sitting (this might sound familiar in the next few years!) The ultrasound, itself, took over one hour and the doctor had to review the pictures and then we got some more. I also had a doctor's appointment after this. Measurements of the babies were great and they are all growing well and are where they should be for their age.

The US tech tried to get a picture of all three. They are so big, it was hard to capture all three in one frame. Here is Baby C's bladder/abdomen, Baby B's top of head, and Baby A's thorax



Baby A
HR is 139 BPM
Measured 19 weeks, one day
10 oz (56th percentile)
Due date Oct. 4, 2009
This one is closest to the cervix and head is down right now. The ringleader, this one would come out first. Also the one with the legs crossed and the gender is not certain. The tech gave us a 70% guess. More on that later.
Baby B
Laying across my abdomen, near the belly button level
HR 155BPM
9 0z (46th percentile)
Measured 18 weeks, 4 days
Due date Oct. 8, 2009
John and I saw this baby and guessed the gender correctly. This one also is the most photogenic at the moment. We got the best pictures!

Baby C
Laying across my abdomen above my belly button
HR 149 BPM
Measured 19 weeks, one day
10 oz (57th percentile)
Due date Oct. 4, 2009
John and I saw this one and guessed the gender wrong

By dates, I am 18 weeks, 4 days, due Oct. 8, 2009. My due date will not change, it is based on dates, even though A and C are slightly bigger than B it will stay Oct. 8. The doctor said these are not big differences and they will monitor the growth of each baby every 2-4 weeks by ultrasound. I also had my cervix checked (5cm--the longest it can be) and am showing no signs of preterm labor. My blood pressure and weight gain were good. I can't believe I have almost two pounds of baby in my belly already! I asked the doctor again about fraternal vs. identical and she thought by the way the sacs and placentas were placed, they would most likely be fraternal. They can analyze the placentas after delivery to determine for sure if they look similar after birth. The good news is, they all have separate sacs and placentas and the placentas are in good position.
And so...for the genders of these children. If the tech is right on the guess of Baby A, all three are the same gender...and my motherly intuition would be right...3 girls. We should know A's gender for sure at the next ultrasound in two weeks, but for now, B and C are both girls and the tech's guess on Baby A (at 70%) was a girl as well.
If Jack grows up with three sisters, he is bound to make an excellent husband!
Thank you everyone for your prayers, we couldn't be happier to have healthy children.

No comments:

Post a Comment