Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hard at Work

They say a child's work is play. These little girls are hard at work these days. It is amazing to watch them every day. With three children all growing up and developing at the same time, it seems we see new things each day! Here are a few observations in the last week.

Kate has recently stared dancing. It is really cute, she will shake her head from side to side when music is on. She also loves to sit and is doing so much better with it. She likes to hoard toys. When I put all three girls next to each other in a Boppi, she takes toys from the middle pile and places them next to her. If I leave the room, when I come back there is usually a pile next to her and hardly any in the middle. She is also my tag baby. Jack was a little like her, but she is always finding tags on toys, blankets or whatever else and playing/eating them. I'll check on her in the night and she will be holding the tag from her lovie or blanket. She is also more vocal these days. In mass today, she was the loudest of the three, but all of them were happily squealing during most of the mass. So much for quiet babies! Anna is the first to actually babble, she says dadada, with the cutest little voice. But Elizabeth will start to talk if one of her sisters is talking. She realizes that talking gets attention! Each of the girls love to eat their clothes (especially now that I am putting them in dresses instead of onesies), bibs and any other toy them can get a hold of. Kate will put her whole hand in her mouth!

The are noticing each other more and more and I have seen them take toys from another and I have seen "toy envy" when they carefully watch one another play with a favorite toy that is out of reach for them to take! A foreshadowing of future fights!

All three will move in their cribs which I find interesting. At night, I put them in their sleep sacks, on their backs in their cribs. When I get them in the morning, they are almost always facing another direction, especially Elizabeth. Kate probably moves the least in her crib. I don't understand how they move in those sacks? Elizabeth will also somehow manage to find her lovie that I put at the far end of the crib and sleep with it. Again, not sure how she is getting it? Last night before I went to bed, I checked on her and she was hugging her lovie with both hands... I had to take it out of her hands and off her face.

I have seen Anna and Kate roll a few times from their stomachs, but they are not doing it consistently. I think I will have crawlers before rollers--just like Jack! Anna is the closest with crawling. With help, she will go from sitting to all fours. They all like to stand and Anna and Kate have the strongest legs. They will stand briefly against the couch or Leap Frog table by themselves. Elizabeth will too, just not as long and her little chicken legs will bend and she takes a seat. Smart girl, who would want to expend all that energy to play at the table when you can sit and play?

I love watching them play and start to interact. I can't wait to watch them grow up with a special bond and relationship like no other.


                                             Before Church

The girls can't get enough of Jack. They are ALL smiles for him. I love Elizabeth looking at him in this picture.


They are such happy babies, especially after they eat.

Kate actually went from sitting to prone by herself. All three will do this and they will also be sitting and lean forward to reach for a toy and be on their stomachs--sometimes happy about this new position, sometimes not happy! Kate's motivation below: the Boppi tag!
The Boppi tags are a favorite, since they are so big

No comments:

Post a Comment