Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kate's Outburst at Church and More

The girls have been talking a ton. They put words together and make sentences. They also like to point and show me objects they know  how to say. Commonly, I hear, "Telephone, mama. Telephone." They also use each other by name and will tell me what the other girl(s) are doing. Elizabeth knows her colors, Anna and Kate don't, but we are working on it. All three can sing their ABCs for the most part. Anna loves to sing and will sing along with her Toddler Tunes VHS tape more so than the other two. They all dance to the music. They are learning how to count and will count with help to ten.

A few weeks ago, while sitting in the cry room, Kate pointed to an infant out in the congregation and shouted, "Lexi, Mama, Lexi." Lexi is my niece that the girls absolutely love. We were there visiting her for her first birthday in January. Kate has a little lisp. When she says Lexi's name, it sounds like she is saying, "Sexi." It is funny...except during mass when she is shouting, "Sexi Mama, Sexi."

All I have to say is thank goodness for cry room walls.

My biggest challenge with them right now is naps...or "no naps" as they like to tell me when we start to head upstairs. I fear they are winning this battle...

They have this fascination with taking off their diapers instead of sleeping. This all began when I put them in the same room for naps because they can climb out of pack-n-plays and not their cribs. I had to put away the pack-n-plays away in the guest rooms (I have to say it is nice to get rid of these), but the trade-off
was same-room napping. The girls have a big party in their rooms and sometimes fall asleep, sometimes not, i.e. "no naps." During this time, Elizabeth introduced the idea of taking off her diaper to Kate and Anna and it was so fun...until they wet in their cribs. So, I put a onesie on them. This worked for a few weeks until one of them figured out they could still get the diaper off...with the onesie still snapped and taught the other two. Someone told me to try pull-ups instead of diapers with the onesie, but I modified this to diaper, under-bunders ("bunders" per the girls), onesie, and pants. This worked for a week and they somehow figured out how to take off the underwear and diaper all the while keeping their onesie snapped. Then, they would put back on their pants, fall asleep and wet their beds. I now use tape on their diapers for naps along with a onesie and so far this has kept their diaper on. The tape is a pain, however, for me to do. At night, we use one piece PJs that I put on backwards so they can't get them off. I have ordered sleep sacks that I plan to use (zipped up backwards) for night and naps. I am also hoping when we travel, they won't be able to climb out of the pack-n-plays with these on--we will see. I know you are all thinking I should just potty-train them and I would have a month ago, trust me, but we are planning a trip to Disney in April and I can't do it before that trip. Can you imagine three two-and-a-half year olds, newly potty-trained, 16 hour car ride, long days spent at Disney and Sea World...not worth it.


Just a few pictures...after dinner, before baths...they were waiting for me to finish cleaning up the dinner mess.



I seriously don't know how she was able to fit in this cart. I watched her climb in thinking the whole time she wouldn't be able to get in, but she did. And she was able to climb out by helself.

Kate realized it was funny for Lizzy to sit in the cart, so she moved this chair over and sat on it backwards to be like her sister.

The girls love the magna-tiles


Not sure what Kate was doing, I think taking a picture?

Anna loves to "read" books and point to the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment