Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Weekend of Parties

We had a weekend of parties. Friday night we went to the St. Joseph School auction. We had a good time and won the kindergarten basket in the silent auction. We were planning on going to an indoor water park during spring break and this basket had six tickets included so it works out perfect for us. On Saturday night, we had the Lawyer Winter Party (I joke that the name is very original...) for Jones Day and it was to the Mardi Gras theme. The kids stayed back with my parents both nights and had some fun playing games, eating popcorn and watching movies. Today, after my parents left, John and I took the kids sledding. The girls have never been (unless you count me pulling them in a sled in our yard as sledding), but Jack as gone with some friends. We met up with the Currans and the kids had a blast for about an hour. Anna and Elizabeth especially loved it, but walking up the hill after each run was tough for them. Elizabeth kept literally face-planting in the snow and she was laughing about it! Kate wasn't a huge fan about the sledding and cold. She still had fun, but her last time down the hill resulted in falling off the sled (with Elizabeth) and her mitten fell off. She cried for a few minutes and this was the signal that we were ready to go. John is like a big kid--throwing snowballs at me and giving the kids huge pushes down the hill. I tried to remind them they are only 3 years old and they enjoy going down the hill a slower speeds too.  Mary Ann was laughing at him. I didn't get any pictures of the kids sledding--too hard to carry my camera.

Kate in my heels


Of course, my mom will not let us out of the house without a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment