Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Swimming In January?

I kept telling the kids to play outside after we finished our homework. The girls got it in their heads that they wanted to swim because it was a "beautiful day." I think it hit 70 degrees. I told them the pool was cold, but they insisted. Plus there were tons of leaves and worms in the bottom of the pool--gross! Since I needed to check the chlorine, I decided they could feel the water and they not want to get in. Well, I opened the gate, turned around and they were in their swimsuits ready to swim. They felt it on the steps and realized it was cold, but still wanted to get it. Elizabeth inched her way in to her shoulders, while Anna and Kate tried the slide and diving board, but chickened out before either jumped in. I kept hearing, "if I jump in, you have too." Finally Kate jumped in (well, Anna pushed her in, I found out) and she was freezing! Elizabeth got out and told me maybe she will swim in February...

FYI pool water temperature was 46 degrees!


























They went inside for a warm bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment