Saturday, January 17, 2015

Water Station

I have been volunteering with the training group this year. Bentonville puts on a half marathon each year and it is organized by Rush Running--a running store in town. I have been running with a group of people that help out the owner, Mike Rush with his training group. He helps train beginners to run a half marathon by coming up with weekly runs and planing the long run each Saturday. The group I run with volunteers each year. It is a nice training group and very good for beginner runners. Mike goes through clinics each week before the long run on different topics, (nutrition, layering for weather, stretching, how to properly hydrate, hills, etc.). He also has physical therapist, a doctor and nutritionist that help out each week too. I have been enjoying helping and actually know a few people that are in the training group (two of my neighbors are doing it this year!). Today was a Saturday morning meeting at Walmart, so John took Jack and I had the girls home with me. Since, I couldn't run the 6 mile planned course, I took the girls to the water station to help pass out water and gels tot he runners. It happened that the water station was right at the cul-de-sac in front of our subdivision. The girls had a great time dancing, ringing the bell and cheering the runners. We even let them pass a few cups of water, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment