Sunday, April 17, 2016

S2S

My running group organizes an unofficial "race" each year called Square to Square. They start from Bentonville Square and run to Fayettevile Square. I decided to run it this year. We stayed on the trails for most of the run except when we get to Springdale. Since it is all unofficial, there are no bib numbers, finish times (except on your watch) and set aid stations. However, we did have some people volunteer and were standing on parts of the course with water and fruit. I finished around 40th (4:31:11) of about 90 runners. It was a tough race considering the wind was 14mph in our face the entire race, it was 95% humidity and the starting temp was 61*

Oh, and the hills. Fayetteville is hilly!

After I ran to Fayetteville, I drove back home, showered and drove back down to Fayetteville to watch Jack's baseball game. A lot of trips to Fayettville today!

Group picture before the race started



No comments:

Post a Comment