Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Had a Dream...

So, I had a dream a few nights ago...let me tell you all about it. I dreamed we had three girls. I guess with all the talk over the weekend at the shower, this was on my mind quite a bit. We will find out very soon--May 11th is my ultrasound. That is less than two weeks away. I have also had some panic thoughts on the health of these babies. We were told the ultrasound would be three hours long. I keep thinking about how I will be worrying about each one until they tell me they ALL have ten fingers and toes, normal kidneys, four chamber hearts, stomachs, normal measurements and head size and normal anatomy elsewhere. That is three hours of worrying. Once we know all this, the future ultrasounds will be easier.

I have been feeling the babies move quite a bit. I felt them for the first time a few weeks ago--really early. It was around 12 weeks. Especially in the last week or so, I have felt them move a few times a day. I think I am only feeling two of them and their little kicks are in the same place that the doctor heard the heartbeats at my last checkup. The third one we think (poor little thing) is behind the other two since that heartbeat was faint at the last check up. In the last few days I have noticed the kicks are moving up so these little rascals are getter bigger (as is my belly!) I can't believe I am just about 17 weeks. Since most with triplets deliver around 32 weeks, I might be past the half-way point. Just seems odd to think that. Two other things in this pregnancy I have noticed that have been different from my first one. I have had a few braxton hicks contractions. These started at 16 weeks. I called the nurse and she told me to slow down and if I get more than 5 in a hour to call back. I have only had a few at a time and some days I don't have any. I had these when I was pregnant with Jack, but I remember I was around 20 weeks or so. I have slowed down, basically because my back has started hurting again. Again, I noticed this around 16 weeks. Some days it is hard to walk by the end of the day. Reminds me of my good old gymnastics days--except I can't take flexeril or any other goodies. My back pain began later in my first pregnancy, but I remember going to physical therapy by 28 weeks. I was heavier with my first pregnancy and attributed that to the back pain. When I called the nurse last week, she thought it was because of the way my uterus sits on my pelvis. Anyway, at least I don't have to go to 40 weeks.

I thought it would be fun for everyone to guess what the genders of the babies are before the ultrasound. Let me give you a little bit more information. I dreamed Jack was a girl too before he was born. So my 'mother's intuition' on these things is not so good. I really thought I was having a girl with Jack. I am also about 90% wrong when I guess the genders of other people's babies--seriously. Whatever I guess, that person ends up having the opposite. When my sister-in-law came to visit last month we checked out the Chinese calendar. It told me I had a 50/50 chance of having a boy or girl. Nice. That really helps. Not that the calendar is always right, it too told me I would have a girl with Jack. Go figure. Finally, my friend Sarah, who is a math teacher, did all the percentages for me and I will list them below:

87.5% chance of having at least one boy
87.5% chance of having at least one girl
37.5% chance of having two boys and one girl
37.5% chance of having two girls and one boy
12.5% chance of having three boys
12.5% chance of having three girls

As for my guess, I think I am going to stick with the mother's intuition--three girls. (I wouldn't be surprised if I have 3 boys because of this guess)

If you have a few minutes in the next few weeks, please say a few prayers the babies are healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment