Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Fun

I snapped a few pictures of the girls today and thought I'd share them. This was a fairly good tummy time session, no one was crying at the time. They are changing so much every day!



John patting Elizabeth, she was crying at this point.


Our Anna. We love her big, pale blue eyes and round little cheeks! She is a good baby, loves her pacifier and sleeps really well during the day and night.

Our Kate. Such a snugglier. She has such petite facial features--our little angel face. She sleeps the most and makes the cutest noises with her pacifier, we can hear her across the room.



Our Elizabeth. Our attention getter. We love her blonde hair and her skinny legs all scrunched up under her all the time. And she loves to look at us with her beautiful eyes.

They say twins/triplets share strong bonds for life. We have noticed being placed next to each other can calm them down at times. It looks like Kate and Elizabeth are talking to each other..."Kate you get up at midnight, then when mama gets you back to sleep around 230am, I'll wake up with a dirty diaper...make sure you scream loud, like I do..."

They have actually been pretty good for me at night. Most nights they are asleep by 830p and up once around 3am. We do have some rough nights still. Elizabeth and I spent some time this afternoon while her sisters were sleeping and I think I actually got a smile from her. Never thought she would be the first to smile, but her lips curled enough that I am going to call it that. This evening, Kate smiled too. I need to work with Anna tonight.
We have been working on getting them back into the crib for naps during the day and nights instead of the bouncy chairs. It is hard, since I know they sleep better in their chairs. But, we are making some progress. They at least start out in the crib for the night and will usually end up in their chairs by the morning. Naps are about half and half. Sometimes I have to bundle them and put them in their chairs because I know they will sleep so I can get some things done.
Jack is on day three with no naps. But, we broke down and made him take a nap yesterday at 4pm. He was so tired! We only let him sleep for an hour and half and he slept in this morning until 620am. Not too bad. Hopefully this works!
Finally, the new music is courtesy of John because he kept telling me I needed different music. Since baseball season is officially over and the Red Sox have been done now for a few weeks, I let him put together a play list. (Don't worry, I'll bring back "Dirty Water" and "Sweet Caroline" at the start of the baseball season next April.) The first song I had never heard before and while I listened to the words for the first time, it hit home for me and it is a little sad! It Won't Be Like This For Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment