Monday, June 17, 2013

Track and Pool

That is a good combination, right? We met our friends at the Avon Lake high school track this morning. Heidi and I run together as much as we can. Today, we decided to do a track workout with our seven kids...and it actually worked very well. We got there before them and Jack decided to run the laps with me. I think he did around two miles in crocs! I asked him if he wanted running shoes before we left and he said no, so I guess his feet were fine. The girls ran about three laps with me, but they cut off the ends of the track and ran down the end zone of the football field, but still, I was happy to see them want to run. Heidi and I did our track work-out (and boy, let me tell you the last time I did sprints was about twenty years ago!) while the kids played in the sand (long jump) and a game of soccer and also on the foam mats for pole vault. Heidi's oldest is eight, so she was a good helper, but the kids were great. The whole area is fenced in so there is no where for them to go and we could see them the whole time. We plan to do this every week because it worked out so nicely.

Right after the track, we went to swim lessons for Jack. The girls could not do lessons this year because they filled up within a few hours and I didn't get them signed up fast enough. They really wanted to do lessons today, and I again, had to tell them we would do them in Arkansas. I really do plan on doing swim lessons year around when we move since we will have a pool. Guess we will be busy with activities when we move! Jack did great at level three and for the 45 minutes he was in the lesson, the girls ran through the splash pad. They had a great time. They really didn't enjoy the splash pad last year, so it was great to see them enjoying it. Maybe the liked it today because it was so hot.















Something about the smile on their faces that I love. To be a kid in the summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment