Monday, April 17, 2023

The Marathon!

Brittney and I were in the same corral and wave, so we decided to start together. I wasn't sure I was going to hold her paces, but I decided to give it a go. We ended up leaving a little later than we should have from the athlete's village and by the time we got to our corral, it was moving. We quickly scrambled to get off our sweats and get our watches synced up to GPS so we were ready to go! Once I got started, I felt really good. We ended up talking the entire race, soaking it all up, and smiling the entire race! The last six miles we decided to dedicate to a special person. It made the miles pass really quickly. The final mile we dedicated to our friend, Sarah, who qualified with us in 2020 and again in 2023, but ended up with COVID on Thursday and decided not to travel to Boston and run because she was sick. This was by far the most fun I have ever had running a marathon! And the first time I ran an marathon from start to finish with a friend. The course seemed more downhill than uphill. There were two short ups, one being Heartbreak hill and it honestly was not terrible. I loved the cheering sections around the course. I finished with a time of 3:26.22 and BQ'd for next year!



























































 




No comments:

Post a Comment