Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Kids Never Do This

My kids never do this, but yesterday, Kate fell asleep while in the highchair. My brother's kids do this all the time and I am always wondering how they actually fall asleep while eating. We have been struggling with the stomach flu this past week and it hit Kate the hardest. Yesterday, I took her to see our new pediatrician, Dr. Jim because she seemed to be having such a hard time getting over it. The good news is, she is fine and on the mend. She is eating better and back to drinking milk. Anna has somehow dodged this illness and Elizabeth had it first, but she only had the diarrhea with very little vomiting. We loved Dr. Jim and the office was great. John actually saw Dr. Jim's dad (also a pediatrician) as a child :)

Kate weighed 14 lbs in the office today. Hopefully, tomorrow when we go to see him for their 15 month check up she will have regained some of the weight she lost from this illness.





Also, I wanted to post some of John's predictions of the girls that I thought were cute.

Anna: The leader. She is in charge and shows the other girls this by pushing and grabbing the toys she wants.

Elizabeth: The dramatic one. She is the smallest and knows it, so she lets everyone know she is there with her high pitched scream and her constant talking.

Kate: The smart one. She is so laid back and takes everything in. She sometimes looks at her sisters like, "Why are you getting so upset over something this small."

I have to add that Anna is such a mama's girl. She always wants to be held and wants me near. When I go to leave the "jail" she is full of tears. She also is my snuggler. If I am holding her and one of her sisters crawls up to be held, she lets out a little wail and will try to push them away.  I think Elizabeth is very smart. She looks around and seems to understand so much. Lately, she will take my hand and flip it over to hand me something. Kate is such a good baby, she makes the cutest little noises all the time while she is trying to show me something. She also likes to point to things, except that she uses her whole hand. Kate and Elizabeth have been playing together a lot lately. They will chase each other and laugh. They sometimes do this with toys. Elizabeth will have one and Kate will try to get it from her and Elizabeth will crawl away laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment