Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Day in the Life

I haven't done one of these posts in a while and I like to have them for the kids to read someday. Plus, we just moved into our new house so my schedule with the kids has changed. So, this is our life--with three 18 month-olds and one 4 year-old.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday Mornings: Jack is up around 6-630 which sounds worse that it actually is considering he will play in his room, get himself dressed and make his bed before bothering us. John will get him breakfast before he leaves for work. I wake the girls at 8 am and take them in their PJs to the van one at a time. I give them their milk cups in the van. We leave to drop off Jack at preschool at 8:10am. I feed the girls breakfast when we get home which takes us to 9 am or so. I change the girls and get them dressed and take them downstairs to play. Sometimes if the weather is nice, we will go for a walk during this time. They play until 10:40 and I start to load them back in the van to pick up Jack. They get another cup of milk in the van while waiting for Jack. We get home around 11:30 and I put the girls right in their highchairs and feed them lunch. After lunch, I usually put the girls in the playroom off the kitchen (the one they don't really like because they hate being locked behind gates) while I get the kitchen back in order, vacuum, etc. Jack helps me by playing with the girls during this time.

Tuesdays/Thursdays Mornings: Tuesdays mornings, I like to attend a women's prayer group at our church, so the kids all go with me and there is someone to baby-sit them at the church. The prayer group goes from 9:30 until 11:00 or so.  Thursdays we attend a playgroup in the morning with about five of my cousins. We rotate who hosts the playgroup each week.

Afternoons/Evenings: The girls nap from 12:30-1 until 3:30-4:30. They still nap in separate rooms since they seem to wake up at different times from each other. Jack and I will play together during this time. He likes to watch Toy Story 3 or Leap Frog Letter Factory which will give me a break to get dinner started, laundry done, etc. At 4:30, I get the girls up if they are not already and they will drink a third cup of milk. I sometimes let them roam the main level since we have baby-proofed it, but I really have to concentrate on them and can't have anything else to do. I follow them around if they are roaming. They LOVE to roam, I should mention. They all eat dinner around 5-5:15. Tuesdays and Fridays, the girls will get a bath after dinner, one at a time in the kitchen sink. So I can keep an eye on the others, I put them in the kitchen playroom. (Jack will get his bath in the afternoon while the girls are napping.) After dinner and baths, I will take them downstairs to play again until 6:30 pm or so when the girls get their teeth brushed and I put them in bed one at a time. Once the girls are in bed, Jack and I clean up the playroom and then we read or play a game, say prayers and he goes to bed just after 7 pm.


Activities: Other than school three times a week, Jack does a gymnastics class on Wednesdays after school. So once I pick him up, we head directly to the gym for his class at 11:30. I drop him off and my cousin will bring him home. On Saturday, he does a basket-ball league in the morning. He only has a few more games left this winter. Starting this week, on Tuesday evenings, he will do a swimming class at the YMCA, which my dad has thankfully said he would take Jack to and from since I couldn't take all the girls to.

So, that is it! The days are pretty organized, but I am letting go a little with the girls' schedule as they get older. I am slightly more flexible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment