Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

They called it a blizzard...but I think it might have been blown slightly out of proportion. I believe I heard the total snowfall was around 8-9 inches. The wind gusts were high last night, over 50 miles per hour (which is why it was considered a blizzard). We had a lot of drifting, especially out at my parent's house where the lane (before it was plowed) had 5 feet drifts. John and my dad got stuck in the lane last night at different times! Today was a snow day--for everyone including John since Fort Wayne was under a level one emergency (no one on the roads except emergency vehicles).  Jack stayed in his PJs all day today because he was supposed to have a PJ day at school--he was bummed he missed it! He was also in his PJs all day yesterday too :). I took one picture of all the snow. It was a pretty sight at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment