Friday, April 15, 2011

Show-N-Tell

Today, Jack took his sisters to school for show-n-tell. I have the help of my cousin Katharine on Fridays so we thought today was a good day to bring them all to school.  I didn't really know what to expect with a bunch of four and five year-olds, but it was interesting that the children took such interest in the girls. I think it was the age of the girls, rather than the fact that they are triplets that the kids too interest with. Once inside the classroom, the girls scattered. Anna was most interested in sitting (and standing) on the little chairs that she could climb onto by herself. Elizabeth liked eating the glue, opening the cupboards and the cubby containers that she kept taking off the wall. Kate liked the trash (I had to put it away in the bathroom), glue and the preschoolers. Jack got to stand in the center of the circle of kids and call on his classmates to answer questions about his sisters. Some of the questions: "Why do they like to empty the trash?" "Do they sleep in the same crib?" "Why do they eat glue?"

Jack and Mrs. Towsley answering questions




The kids thought Elizabeth was so funny. She liked to touch each one of the kids and they would laugh at her.




Kate surrounded by the children


Jack took this picture of Mrs. Towsley


Jack and Elizabeth in the center of the circle. Somehow, this doesn't surprise me that these two will be the ones in the center of attention.


The kids following Elizabeth




Elizabeth liked the size of the furniture in this classroom :)


Jack showing Kate around his classroom


Elizabeth pulling the cubbies down. Anna is standing in the back.  I realized that I only got a few pictures with Anna in them. She was too busy sitting an standing on chairs so I had to put my camera away.


Anna checking out the chair she can climb on herself.
Jack took these last two pictures.




I found two extra pictures on my camera when I downloaded today's pictures. I love the first picture of my dad, Elizabeth and Anna. This was a few weeks ago. The best part about the picture is it is not staged. He picks up the girls all the time just to hold them. And they love it. The second picture was taken last weekend when John and I took all of our children to Red Robin for lunch. Brave, I guess. This is only the second time we have gone out to eat as a family since the girls were born and the first time the girls were pretty young. Lunch went pretty well. It makes us think we can start to be "normal" again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment