Saturday, January 28, 2012

Basketball!

Jack started basketball today. He missed the first two games because we were out-of-town. They practice for about 15 minutes before the game starts. They play four, six minute quarters. He is in the second string of players. If you look at the pictures, there are some big kids on the opposite team. These are 5 and 6 year-olds! He is starting to get the game, but he sometimes gets so into guarding his player, he forgets to follow the basketball! He did shoot the ball a few times, but didn't make a basket.

I took the girls with me to the game today because John had to go into work. In the midst of the snow falling, I made it though the game and the girls actually did quite well in their stroller. I think all the action of the basketball was so new to them they were fine just watching. I ran into my neighbor on the other court with her 5 year-old, a mother of twins that I met at a preschool open house and a mother of triplet boys...her boys were playing against Jack's team (5 year-olds) and she had a 3 year-old boy. Imagine seeing all those people! I guess we stick out a little.

Drills. Jack is number 5











Before the game

He took the ball down, then passed it
Check out the red head boy next to Jack. I swear that kid weighed 100# and looked like he was 10!
Passing the ball in


Giving the big guy a high five!

No comments:

Post a Comment