Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good-Bye Cribs!

Yesterday, the girls started climbing out of their cribs. They did this last summer and we "fixed" the problem by screwing new holes near the bottom of their cribs to drop the mattresses and extra few inches. This worked up until yesterday. I put them down for a nap and someone decided that they could pile up all their stuff in the corner of their cribs and then they could climb out. Smart little girls! So, I took everything out of their cribs and prayed that they could not get out without the extra few inches of height. No such luck! They had done it enough to realize they could get out with or without the the blankets and pillows in the cribs. Still in denial, I googled crib tents and called John for his opinion. At 2.5 years old, it makes sense to go to toddler beds which is what John suggested. Gone is the ability to contain them in one place---although, I did put a gate up at their door. I took down the cribs with the help from my neighbor, Stephanie, and last night they slept on their mattresses on the floor. I had a meeting at Jack's school, so John put them to bed and at 9 pm, when I came home, they were asleep in on their mattresses, covered up. I guess John should put them to bed every night! He said there was some playing around, jumping and hiding in the closet, but they did settle down and fall asleep. We heard the door open around 3am and I got up to see Anna at the gate. I led her back to bed, covered her up and she went to sleep. We didn't hear anything from them until around 7:30 this morning. Today, Stephanie again helped me and we put together their toddler beds. We are ready to tackle the naps this afternoon.

Here are few pictutes of their room. I would like to paint the walls pink at some point and fix the letters (they have been moved so much because the girls would hit at them from their cribs and I would find them all over their room in the morning).



Yesterday while I was taking down their cribs, Jack somehow got them all to lie down on one toddler mattress. The girls were super tired from "no naps" earlier.


Notice, nothing on the bookcase


I had to keep moving Elizabeth's name higher and higher up the wall. It looks funn now, especially since the crib is gone!




First time in over five years that we have not had at least one crib set up in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment