Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Interesting Week in Texas

After arriving in Houston
Sarah, Jack, Abby and Julie

The four kids in Houston: Braden, Ambria, Abby and Jack
Aunt Sarah and Uncle John gave them cowboy hats!

Well, it was not what we expected in Texas, but I guess it could have been worse. The ride to Texas (about 18 hours over 2 days) went fairly well. The four kids in the van were good for the most part. Julie, my older sister, and I traveled with her 3 kids, (Ambria-8y, Braden-4y, and Abby-3y) and my Jack (2y). My younger sister and her husband live in Houston. Once we made it there Saturday afternoon, we realized it was actually warmer in Chicago and Grand Rapids! It was rainy and in the 50s on Saturday and Sunday. However, it did warm up nicely over the week to the mid 70s and low 80s. We went to the Rodeo on Monday--the livestock show in the morning and the actual rodeo Monday night. Jack's diarrhea started that day. I didn't think much of it at the time...
The livestock Show
Monday morning



Rodeo on Monday night


Tuesday we met my younger sister Sarah for lunch since she was working that day. We first stopped at Babies-R-Us for some diapers since I was going through them faster than expected with Jack's diarrhea. Jack was clingy and while I was holding him, he vomited. Right there in the store. Mind you, he has never in his short lifespan vomited. Ever! So we went home and the poor little boy was sick the rest of the week. The vomiting stopped finally on Thursday and the diarrhea on Sunday. The car ride home was interesting. We stopped a few times for Jack, but he couldn't make it most times. On a positive note, none of the other kids, nor Julie or I, got the bug. It could have been an eventful ride home.


Jack spent most of his week on the couch


As a parting gift, however, Jack gave Sarah- who is 22 weeks pregnant, and her husband John the bug. Sorry guys. I guess this may prepare you slightly for kids.

Other than the rodeo on Monday, we made it to the park on Thursday evening. Jack was somewhat better, but still not himself. I guess we will have to plan a return trip sometime. Thanks Sarah and John for having us--sorry for the germs!!

Park on Thursday night
Although considerably better, Jack still wasn't 100%

Good-bye Sarah and John
The kids are all dressed in their cowboy PJs on the last night in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment