Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm One of Three!

My days are filled. I am keeping up with things, but using every second of every day. Organization is so important. And writing things down. (You should see my charts I keep each day.) And multitasking. I have learned how to nurse one baby and feed another a bottle, or feed a bottle to a baby while pumping, or check email while pumping or nursing or feeding and feed two babies at one time. Good thing I have a type A personality ;)

I have been wanting to take some pictures of the girls in these cute onesies and decided to do that on Tuesday when my mom was visiting, before they grow out of them. The onesies say I'm One of Three. They are from my mother-in-law and they are adorable. My next project is to attempt to get Jack in some pictures with the girls. We tried this day, but he wasn't very cooperative.

Kate, Anna and Elizabeth

It still hurts to think these kids were at one point all scrunched inside my belly.



Holding Kate


Holding Elizabeth


Holding Anna


One of the hardest things about having three babies at once is the feeling like I never get adequate one-on-one time with each of them. I feel like I am always rushing around to feed, diaper, bathe one to get to the next one. I have been trying to slow down and take some time to snuggle after each feeding during the days. I suppose every mother of multiple feels this way.
I am thankful the babies are doing great, I am learning their cues and cries and can determine who is crying and why for the most part. John and our nanny Madeleine are a big help as well as jack's cousin Nicholas and Aunt Sarah who are great in helping with Jack and the babies. I am lucky to have such wonderful support. They are gaining weight and getting bigger, so we must be doing OK, right? Anna hit 5 lbs. yesterday! Kate is just over 4.5 lbs and Elizabeth is over 4 lbs. now.

No comments:

Post a Comment