Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kate Leaving the NICU

Kate came home yesterday (9/8/09) and we have been busy at home! My first day alone with 2 infants and a 2 year old. The 2 year old was the hardest! He loves attention. Thank goodness we had some visitors today to distract them. I did fairly well and actually got a shower in!

Today was the first day I have not been able to visit the NICU where Elizabeth still is. John saw her this morning and she was doing great, she had great weight gain last night and is now 3 lbs. 9 oz. She must have realized she needs to gain the weight fast to get home to be with her sisters. Kate is a great baby, she hardly puts up a fuss and is an excellent eater. She will see her pediatrician tomorrow. Anna will also get a weight check tomorrow and Jack will get a flu shot! I'll have all three in the doctor's office at once.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday when Kate left the NICU.


Same outfit Anna came home in from Grandmom and Granddad.













Anna's thinking, "Oh, no. Now I'll have to share my time with mom and dad with my sister!"


2 of the 3



Home. The two girls sleep in the pack-n-play downstairs in the family room and I have been sleeping on the couch so I can set an alarm to feed them at night. They are doing well with nursing. They get some bottles. I have been giving them bottles at night (I set them up on the boppi pillows and feed both at one time--John jokes I need a third arm for Elizabeth...Ha Ha, the third arm will be his!). They also get bottles when they are too sleepy to nurse. Somehow, they can suck down a bottle without opening their eyes.


We hope Elizabeth comes home soon. The girls miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment