Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Almost Time

I have been buying some baby foods here and there to "stock up" for the days when the girls begin eating real food. My plan is to buy some and make some. I made some of Jack's baby food, but sometimes the jars are so convenient! And, depending on the fruit/vegetable, it is so much easier to buy vs. cook, puree and then push through a sieve. Today, I had to make a trip to Babies R Us, and, like I have been doing for a while, I checked out the baby food isle. The Gerber Organic stage I and II were on sale, so I dug out my coupons and picked up 20 of the 2-packs. I was feeling pretty good on the way home considering I had used $7 in coupons AND they were on sale. I felt I loaded up with a 'stash' of food. Then, I realized that I will have to feed three babies. Doing the math...one jar per baby per meal times three meals...nine jars of baby food a day...63 jars a week...humm, I guess I only bought about 4 days of food! Tonight, I also made some spinach for the girls. Spinach is so easy to make. I bought a pound of organic spinach on sale last weekend and boiled it for 5 mintues and then pureed it. I hope the girls like spinach as much as Jack does!




Yum!
PS--It looks the same going in as it does coming out- hehe!


The big day? Madeleine is on vacation the last week in March. So, since I will be solo that week (should be interesting), I am thinking about starting when she gets back--fun stuff! Plus, that gives me a few weeks to make more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment