Monday, October 4, 2010

Adjusting

We are adjusting to our new (temporary) home and life. We have been able to keep the kids on their schedules, so they have been predictable for the most part. The girls, especially, have been doing great. In fact, I think they have become sleeping beauties since arriving here! Jack started preschool today, and as I thought, he did have a hard time initially. I think the new school, new home, new friends and cousins has thrown him for a loop. When I picked him up, however, he was all smiles and ready to empty out his book bag to show me all the things he did today. The preschool is excellent. John is liking his new job, and the commute is so easy. We are missing our family and friends in Illinois, but it is so nice to be home. We are so thankful God has given us this opportunity.


Before Church yesterday. We have set up a gate and tried to make it as similar as it was for us in WS. The girls are starting to hate the gate. My dad will say "Jail break" when we open the gate to let them out! You wouldn't believe how fast they crawl to get out of there! My mom and dad have been such troopers about all of our "stuff" we have put in all different areas of their house. And about the noise and congestion of six more people living in their home.

Jack
Anna
E-lizzy (per Jack)




Kate



Grandmom made applesauce with the kids on Sunday afternoon. I love all the kids hoovering around her in thi s picture. Jack had a blast playing with Kevin, Thomas and Emily, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment