Saturday, July 11, 2009

6 Months--27 Weeks

It seems such a short time, 6 months when a pregnancy is 9 months. But, when you say I am 27 weeks, it seems like a longer time frame. Especially when the average triplet pregnancy is about 7 months or 32-33 weeks. Either way you look at it, here is a picture I took. The aches and pains of pregnancy are bothering me, as well as the sleeping (or lack of), but everyone who has ever been pregnant knows what I am talking about. I made John buy me a body pillow last week and that has helped some. The hardest part for me to think about is the time left in the pregnancy. My guess is I am getting close to the size I was when I delivered Jack (he was 3 weeks early and I measured small) and I can't imagine getting bigger for the next month! I read somewhere in my pregnancy books that at 28 weeks, women with triplets are similar size to women pregnant with single babies at 40 weeks. The next count down date is Aug. 13, the date I will be 32 weeks. This is the earliest I would want to deliver them. Just keep telling myself I can do it, it is not that much longer! Every day counts; my years working in the NICU are constant reminders of why it is so important for these girls to stay in as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment