Saturday, October 29, 2011

Boo! At the Zoo

John and Jack went to the Roller Dome this morning because Jack has been begging to go and he had a free pass from being Student of the week. Well, Jack didn't make it around the rink one time! He has never been on roller skates. John said he couldn't stop moving his feet so he kept falling down, even with John helping him. He laughed the first few times, then it wasn't so funny. Anyway, they played some video games and meet the girls and I at the zoo for some trick-or-treating. Grandmom and Granddad came with us. I think they are trying to get the most time with us since we are moving in a few weeks.

The kids' costumes were made by Grandmom. It was my idea for the Cat in the Hat and three things...I know there are only two, but we had to be creative. There were many people that commented on the costumes; other kids and adults. We heard murmurs everywhere we went. And to think Jack had to bring his Cat in the Hat book in the zoo in case other people didn't know who he was! I think Granddad ended up holding his book. One lady asked, "Where did you get Thing 3?" I said, "She came with the rest of them." Originally, I was going to make the girls' costumes. I helped, is all I can say. My mom pretty much finished them up. I think they turned out great!



















Toliet paper toss

All the kids got to pick out a pumpkin from the patch. We let the girls out so they could too. I overhead a mom behind us tell her son, "Wait for the Things to come out before you go in [the gate]." I had to laugh. Here is Elizabeth picking out hers.

Anna

Kate was still eating her pretzels







Granddad showing the girls their sticks of sugar--seriously, who eats that much sugar?!?!

They think they will get to!

Showing off their newest trick: Holding hands.









No comments:

Post a Comment