Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Normal?

I wouldn't say that about us yet. But, today we accomplished a ton. Just the girls and I.

I woke up the girls and realized there was no milk! I had a few odds and ends on a Target list anyway, so I decided we could get them and get the girls out a little this morning. I was hoping to find a birthday boy shirt for Jack, so we found a mall, but no luck with the shirt. We did find a play area there. I took a lap around the play area and decided it would work for us (all sides were enclosed, only one small opening). I got the girls' shoes off and they were off to play! I had to bribe them with a fruit snack to get them to leave. I stopped to get them a pretzel on the way out and then we were off to Target. In the same strip mall as Target, I saw a Marshalls and Carters. We stopped in Carters to look for Jack's shirt and we were in luck! They had one in his size! Onesies were on my Target list because the girls' new trick is taking off their PJs and diaper at night. I was only putting a onesie on Elizabeth for this reason, but the other two decided this was great fun too. I went to Marshalls for onesies because I knew from experience they were about half the cost of the same onesies at Target. I would have never made an extra trip to Marshalls with the girls, but since it was next door to Target, we did. I had a few people tell me I have my hands full (generic comment that I hear so frequently) and an old lady that turned her cart around to catch up with me to tell me the girls were beautiful and an old couple at the mall that wanted to take the girls' picture (but no camera). Some lady at Target told me she was tired just watching me. I was tired too, but we made it. I got everything on my list in the bottom of the stroller and the girls helped me hold a box of Cheerios each.

We got home about 20 minutes before Jack's bus and with the weather at 60 degrees, I let the girls play outside while we waited for his bus. They actually do pretty well staying in the driveway and back yard. When Jack came home and asked who baby-sat the girls while I did errands, I told him they went with me. He said to wait to do the errands when he gets home from now on because he wants to go with us!

Oh, and I have added a picture at the end of this post of Jack in his cowboy boots that Santa accidentally left on his sleigh last week. He dropped them off last night at our house with a note. Jack loves that they look like Daddy's, Granddad's and the girls' boots.

(Pictures are off my phone so that is why they are so blurry.)











It's funny, I read this blog tonight and was smiling to myself at how ordinary today would have been for a mom of one toddler. Perspective is so different for me with three.

Jack also had a great day playing with our new neighbors across the street this afternoon. I can tell this family is going to be great for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment