Friday, July 19, 2013

Saying Good-Bye

It is never easy...this week we have seen a lot of friends we probably won't see, or won't see much of at all. Thursday, was an extremely busy day. Jack has his last swim lesson, we spent the morning with our "triplet friends" that the girls will miss and in the afternoon, my high school friend from the east side came over for a visit. Alice and I have seen each other just a handful of times since we moved here about two years ago. Owen and Jack had a blast playing baseball, while Cassie, Colin and the girls swam for a while in the pool. It was a HOT one, though! After they left, we had time for a quick dinner and then the girls had their last private swim lesson. I let the kids swim after the lesson and our neighbors were there too. We stayed until the pool closed (shocking, I know! But it was 7:45 when we left the pool). The girls went down both slides about 50 times. Jack jumped off the diving board for most of the time until he made friend some high school kids, two girls and two boys that he played with in the deep end. The kids were passing him around and giving him mohawks and just being goofy. Leave it to my six year-old to friend some teenagers in the pool--probably some sort of double date! After the pool, I met some friends at the winery up the road for a few drinks to say good-bye. I really don't enjoy the last week before moving...



Mia with Elizabeth and Anna. These girls, "our triplet friends" just turned 3.
 
Missing Mia...Anika, Eva and Elizabeth, Anna and Kate
 
Missing Anna and Mia
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







I've got to sign them up for gymnastics. I think it is in their blood.
 
Elizabeth is a water-bug! This was ice cold hose water--but it was over 90*
 
Cassie and Colin Macdonald in the pool with the girls





 
Girls' last swim lesson. The instructor told me, "they have a lot of energy." Yes, I do know this. Haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment