Saturday, November 23, 2013

Christmas Decorating

 
We spent most of today decorating for Christmas. The kids were so excited to get the tree out! The girls helped quite a bit (or wanted to help). Jack helped some, but he got bored pretty quickly. I got everything from the attic and decided to either put it out, or get rid of it. The Peanuts figures we have had since living in Boston and I think we have only put them out once or twice. Once the girls saw the boxes, they were super excited. It was the first thing we did once we got all the boxes inside. This is probably the favorite Christmas decoration of the girls. They watched the peanuts gang ice skating for a while and kept coming back to look at it all. I am glad I decided to keep it!

I usually do most of the ornaments myself, but this year, I decided to trust the girls. Elizabeth dropped our Disney Mickey mouse one about two seconds into putting ornaments on the tree. I immediately revised the plan and unwrapped the ornaments and handed the non-breakable ones to the girls. Jack did some of both. We still had one more ornament break--Jack's three year-old handprint. I was so sad that one broke since it was his little hand, but I was able to glue it back together.
 



Kate has been a little under the weather.

























Kate trying to put angel on top

Jack was too heavy for John to hold that high

Anna's turn and Elizabeth had a turn too. Eventually, I got a chair and put up the Angel.









This picture was taken about two minutes before this hand imprint broke. It is Jack's hand when he was three years old. I hot glued it together later.



They kept calling their stocking, "socks"







Looking at herself in the ornament.


They were better about spreading out the ornaments this year, but there were still some crowded branches.



They loved playing with these precious moments nativity and also the little people nativity.








Anna loved her ornament she made last year with her picture on it. She kept coming back to show me it.










 


The finished tree. We got a new angel last year.










Two broken ornaments

I fixed them both with hot glue. Jack told me it was "perfect" when I was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment