Monday, November 18, 2013

Woody the Woodpecker

The kids and I woke up Saturday morning to knocking on my bedroom wall. After investigating outside, I noticed a few holes in the side of my house. Later that morning, Jack heard it again and I went outside to see a woodpecker trying to make a home in our house. After calling my mom, I pulled the ladder from the shed (John was out of town) and shoved some foam in the holes and put some cauc to try to seal the holes to try to deter the bird from coming back. Well, later that afternoon, he came back and made another hole. I tried to research the birds and how to get rid of them and what I found was they are very hard to get rid of. They are territorial birds and tend to come back to where they built their nest. So the Chiazza's told me to get some reflective tape or mylar to "scare" him. After church on Sunday, the four kids and I trucked into Wal-Mart to find some mylar balloons to hang in strips from the house. I ended up using Happy Birthday signs because the balloons were filled. When we got home, I found another hole--so now there are six total. The strips of the banner look silly...but the bird has not been back so they will hang for a few weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment