Sunday, December 13, 2009

All Mommy Wants for Christmas is a Slient Night

Evenings have become quite loud at the Scudder house. We find ourselves outnumbered, even if you don't include Jack which can be a handful during this time since giving up his naps. Starting around 5-5:30pm, I find myself counting down the time until 6:50pm (no, not even 7 pm, ten minutes makes a difference when you have crying babies) when I can start to change and feed the babies and put them in bed! I keep telling John this time is the hardest part of the day, and I think he finally realized how difficult it can be this weekend when he was home both nights. Needless to say, since they had on these onesies tonight, I decided to get pictures of them during this witching hour. As you can see in the first picture, as soon as I thought this would be a good idea, Anna and Kate stopped crying. I guess all I need to do during the evenings is put them in boppi and leave them alone..enough with the holding, rocking, reading, singing, playing, pacing and whatever else I do to calm them! Elizabeth held up her end of the bargain, and actually was loud enough to make up for the other two.Mama, I'm tired!Mama, I'm hungry!
Mama, I've had enough of the pictures, get on with the diaper changes, PJs and feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment