Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday--and it was a HOT one!

The day started early...quarter of five for me and 5:30 for the kids and John. I got up that early to make it to my 7AM race downtown. The others were up courtesy of Jack. John managed to load up the kids and find a spot on the race. He said they weren't coming and I wasn't even looking for them. I was so surprised and happy to see them (see pictures below). The race went well for me, despite the heat. I managed to run my best time at around and average of 8:26 minutes per mile. The rest of the day we spent outside in the pool and with the water table. It was so hot, the kids enjoyed painting/washing the cars, getting sprayed by the hose, sitting in the pool, making soups and rac-a-roni, and swinging on the swings. You can imagine that with a day like today in the sun and with their wake-up time, they were beyond tired. Kate fell asleep before 6 PM tonight and Elizabeth was shortly after that. Anna and Jack were in bed asleep by 7 PM! Good thing, because I might not be that far behind them.

I was surprised to see the kids!


Mile 6 and 7 were easier once I saw them!


John somehow managed to push two strollers. I think he might have made Jack push one

Notice Jack is still wearing his medal from yesterday. I am impressed John had shoes on the girls and snacks packed. I had their clothes all laid out for him.


Love this picture of the girls with our sweet neighbor, Helen!


Elizabeth and Helen


Swings! Finally!






Helen and Anna were buddies today. I have notice that Kate and Elizabeth play together more than Anna with either of them. When Helen is around, I think she is intimated (or scared) of our children. She is the only child and I don't think she is used to all the chaos (and noise)! Today, Helen and Anna played very nicely together. After we cleaned up and were going inside, Helen said she wanted to give Anna a hug. She walked into our garage where the girls were sitting on the steps taking off shoes and she gave Kate a hug..then Elizabeth...then asked where Anna was (she was standing behind a car). Then she gave her a hug!


Carter joined us outside today.


The girls decided to wash their cars with their paint brushes




Jack started to wash John's car




















The girls decided to wash the Opfer's car.

No comments:

Post a Comment