Friday, May 11, 2012

ZOO!

I took the kids to the zoo today because Jack had a day off school and the weather was beautiful. I packed lunches, drinks and the potty seat. I'm not going to say it was easy, because it wasn't. But we managed the day and the girls stayed dry. And everyone had a good time. The Cleveland zoo is not the easiest to maneuver (and not my favorite zoo) because of all the hills. I can say that because we have had memberships to four zoos. The highlight of the day was the elephants (other than the geese! I swear my kids could watch geese all day long). We ate lunch while watching the monkeys. We also caught glimpses of the lion, flamingos, zebras, ostrich and ducks. There were elementary school field trips at the zoo and we met 7 year old triplets (GGB). It was pretty neat to see another set of triplets at the zoo. I head a few (hundred) people tell me I have my hands full, of course and many whispers of "triplets." One lady said as I walked by, "I'm glad I'm not her." Well, all I have to say to that lady is I'm glad you are not me either because I feel pretty blessed with my children and wouldn't trade it for the anything.

On the way home, we stopped and got ice cream cones. The kids love ice cream!

Waiting for the elephants to cross




One of the elephants crossing. If you look closely you can see it in front of the rock 








Pink flamingos


Lunch spot. I put the potty seat behind the stroller so all the girls could go (it was wooded behind these two benches)







Jack played on this for a short time before we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment