Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fun at the Library

Thursdays----our only open day---has become our library day. They have story times sessions at 10:00 and 11:00 and we have gone to one of these sessions since the programs started three weeks ago. The girls are enjoying the craft after the story time and then they play at Discovery Works. Discovery Works is great because they change out stations, puzzles, toys, etc. but they keep most of the big stuff there. I realized today that Elizabeth can name all the letters of the alphabet while we worked on a puzzle today. She also knows some of the sounds. She is getting close to spelling her name (she can spell Anna's and Kate's names, however). She will write the letters, E, L, I and H. Kate and Anna are picking up on naming the letters too, however, they can't name them all. They are both close to spelling their names and I have been working on writing the letter K for Kate and the letter A for Anna. And Anna is finally getting her colors right most of the time. She loves to color and will sit for quite a while coloring. I think she will probably have the best penmanship when she starts writing.



Elizabeth will play with this bead table for twenty minutes at a time. She loves it.


Anna insisted on reading me a book. She mostly told me the colors of the pages.

This lock puzzle is a favorite of all my kids. Kate played with it today for a while.

Since it was in the mid 70s today, I picked up Jack from school and we went to a "new" park. Jack always wants to try something new. So this one we have seen and we have never played at, until today. Here are the kids running the bases. The playground was behind us and I didnt' get any pictures of the kids playing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment