Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oil Change

I had to get an oil change today. I set up an appointment for next Saturday because we need tires and alignment and they told me it would take five hours. I was going to get the oil changed then, but last minute, we are traveling this weekend and since we are already 1,000 miles over the recommended oil change, I needed it done today or tomorrow. The dealership had no appointments for today or tomorrow, except too late in the day tomorrow. So, I took the girls and showed up without an appointment (they allow walk-ins they told me on the phone) and hoped for the best. Six months ago this would have never even entered my mind. Taking the girls to sit in the dealership for at least an hour...never! Today was fine. They played with their dolls, went to the bathroom, (twice--this is actually a nice time-waster) colored, read books and watched Mickey Mouse. Luckily, the dealership was not busy and we were out of there in just over an hour. Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment