Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I was the special helper in the girls' classroom today for their Halloween party. They are not the best behaved when I stay to help---they always want to give me kisses, hold my hand and they don't listen as well to the teachers, but I like to help out, especially with holiday parties. Jack's class doesn't allow extra parents to help at parties, and I signed up to help his class at Christmas, so I thought it was a good holiday for me to help with the girls.

They got to parade through the school and get a piece of candy from the paster. They also made necklaces, pumpkins and ate cookies, carrots and ranch and pretzels. Their goodie bags were extremely healthy, too! Each of the moms that volunteered to bring in a treat did Play-Duh, crayons, whistles, etc. They also got a necklace kit and other craft package. I was expecting more candy, but I guess times have changed. I brought in treats too and I did clementine oranges with Jack-o-lantern faces drawn in with a Sharpee black marker. I thought that I would do something healthy because I thought they would get tons of candy, but I guess that is what the other moms thought too.

They had a great day. Jack came home in his costume. He got to parade around the school and had a party this afternoon. He came home with more sweet treats! Trick-or-treating has been changed to Saturday because of the weather (rain for the last week). So I hope to post pictures then. Happy Halloween!





3 year-old preschool class



No comments:

Post a Comment