Thursday, March 6, 2014

Carter and the Vet

Carter needed his annual vet visit and shots and I kept forgetting to call to schedule his appointment. I finally called this morning and they had an opening this afternoon. I decided to take it even though I had my girls with me. I thought, well, they are 4.5 years now, it's not like they are 2. So, we all pile in the van and off we go. We walk in and Carter lifts his leg and pees. I knew he was going to do this. He usually does. The secretary was very nice. I said something like, "This probably never happens" and she laughed. Too many smells for dogs not to want to leave their mark. As she was cleaning that up, Carter decided to poop in the corner...

Finally, we made it back to our room. The nurse came in and while she was talking to me, I swear the girls had ants in their pants and were so wound up! They were singing, laughing, talking (loudly), switching chairs (there were three in the room), turning off the lights...When she left to get Carter's vital signs, I told the girls to settle down. No more messing with the lights, etc. The Vet comes in. They were quiet for about two minutes, then they are back to playing around. At one point, they were playing Ring Round the Rosy. Sigh. Kate decided she has to go "poop!" she loudly tells me, and the other two chime in. They all have to go poop. The vet leaves to give Carter his shots. I take the girls to the restroom.

We finally are ready to check out, so I get to the counter to pay and I am talking with secretary and again, Carter pees. As she is cleaning that up, he poops. Seriously. I can't make this stuff up. I offer to clean it up because I see a lady coming through the doors and she is pushing a stroller and holding onto a Great Dane. Carter's poop was right inside the door. No, she will get it, she says. Meanwhile, the girls think it is a fun game to take turns jumping over the poop.

Get me out of here...

I guess I am outnumbered, even at 4.5  years.


They look so innocent...good thing they are cute









 


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment