Sunday, August 3, 2014

Peach Pickin' Paradise and the Peaches Pie

Yesterday, I decided to take the kids peach picking. Unfortunately, a lot of the peach farms were lost to the late frost last spring, but I found a place that was U-pick. It was a little drive--about 1 hour and 45 minutes away. We got there and drove to the trees. The peaches were the best I have ever had! We picked them right off the tree and ate them! The girls were not too happy with all the bugs (there were quite a few, I have to say, and I was not a fan of them flying out the trees at us when we pulled down a peach. They were huge!). They also didn't like the grass itching their legs and Anna was hysterical when we passed our car on the way to pick more peaches because she wanted the air conditioning on. I guess she was too hot. Jack thought it was fun, I think. We ended up picking half a bucket and bought half of a bucket already picked. On the way out of town, we stopped for ice cream at a little ice cream stand. The kids loved that!

Today, I told the kids we would make peach pie. Well, for some reason, they kept calling it peaches pie which I thought was so cute, I didn't correct them. We also made peach cobbler and two loaves of banana bread.

It was actually called Peach Pickin' Paradise













They all loved the air conditioned ice cream parlor













 The Scudder kids plowed through the entire loaf of banana bread



 The peaches pies




Anna "painted" her nails

No comments:

Post a Comment