Sunday, August 24, 2014

Keeping Busy on the Weekends

While John is gone, I try to find fun things for the kids and I to do. There was a health and safety fair at the church up the street from us on Saturday, so I took the kids there. There was a lot for the kids to do. Their favorite things, though, was the face painting and free ice cream from the ice cream truck! They also got their finger prints taken by the police department, got to sit in a helicopter, jump in a bouncy house and slide, get a balloon animal (swords), and visit numerous booths with candy and sucker to take! On the way out, we grabbed hot dogs, chips an ice cold waters that they were handing out. When I got into my car, it was 105*! Yikes! It was a hot one!

Later in the evening, we went to mass. Sunday we woke up and I did some baking, chopping of vegetables and fruit in the kitchen. I also made another batch of tomato sauce. My neighbor keeps giving me tomatoes and I keep making sauce and freezing it.












Getting her finger prints done

Eating ice cream



Saturday evening


building a tower Sunday morning
 Kate made floors in the tower





 Elizabeth made a slide
 meanwhile I was making home made tomato sauce from my neighbor's tomatoes
My boys sleep with me while John is gone

No comments:

Post a Comment