Wednesday, August 19, 2015

First Day of School!

Well, I'll be honest. No one in the house was overly excited to go back to school. But the day came and we all had to go. I'm not a fan of the first day of school. All that preparation. Then there the crowd of parents walking their child in the classroom...and trying to get pictures...

Well, this first day of school morning was not one of the best. It started thunder storming about 4 o'clock in the morning, which is the time I was up. The kids were up at 6 (I had to wake them up), which was a rare occurrence last school year. They got dressed and I tried to snap some pictures on the front porch, but it was dark and most of my pictures are blurry (see below). There was fighting in the car...Elizabeth took Kate's umbrella which made Kate cry and Jack turned around to hit Elizabeth...then Kate started singing the four eyes song and it made Jack mad. I told her to stop and which point she continued to use the melody, but changed the words...Once we got to school, I realized there was no place to park in the parking lot since every other parent was doing what I was, which was not using the car line and walking their kids into school. The school also set up cones so there was one part of the parking lot that you could not get out because of the orange cones. Well, I drove up that isle and there were no parking spots and the cones blocked me from going forward to turn into the next isle, except it was still pouring down rain and there were tons of parents and kids walking all around me and I was not about to back up down the isle and risk hitting someone, so I ran over the cone. Yep, I sure did. Which caused my children to think I was going to jail and they were hysterical. Jack told me I was dragging the cone at one point...not sure if I was. I found a spot down the next isle (the only one) and it is a reserved spot for king and queen of our parish festival during the weekend masses only. Well, my kids think it is a handicapped spot because they see the sign and when I pulled in, they again, were freaking out thinking I was breaking the law. At this point, I am ready for everyone to walk in and go to school. In the pouring down rain...last year I was in tears, this year, not so much.

They all did have a great day and I did too. I spent the day in the office doing all my nursing work and was more than ready to see them again after school. And the rain had stopped, too.













 So happy, haha


 Kate took this picture

I was so bothered my you couldn't read my signs

 Anna took these!


 I borrowed a sign from a friend at school knowing my sign pictures were awful.
Jack at his desk

No comments:

Post a Comment