Thursday, December 2, 2010

Updates on Jack

Jack is getting to be so independent. I mean, he requests to do EVERYTHING on his own. He gets himself dressed in the morning down to putting on his shoes. He brushes his own teeth. He puts on his coat and zips it, gets his school bag and hat and buckles his own seat belt! He also asks to pour his "shaker cheese", washes his own fruits, gets himself ice water and clears his own dishes (all this with a gentle reminding :)). I can't believe how much he has grown physically and matured in the last few months. He is four in a few weeks, wow!

We have been reading "The Night Before Christmas" a lot these days. Sometimes we read it aloud, and sometimes he listens to his PeePaw and GeeMaw read it. They gave him a Hallmark book with their voices recorded in it last year. I realized that he has the story pretty much memorized, down to the last page, where, at the end of the story PeePaw says, "We love you Jack, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!" I got him on video today reciting most of the story. Jack also has been practicing his letters. They are learning this in preschool and he can do letters A-M fairly well. He also likes to do anything that involves scissors and glue.

Finally, last Friday night we lost power for a few hours. Considering where my parent's live, it was dark! My grandparents were at the house along with three or four aunts and a few cousins. Someone suggested we pray a Rosary and Jack volunteered to lead the 5th Decade. Since then, he has been asking to pray the Rosary every night. There is nothing like an almost four-year-old asking to pray the Rosary that makes you think about things. We should have exposed him to the Rosary earlier.

Today Jack and I did our annual gingerbread house. This year, my mom and dad gave us a kit. Note to self: gingerbread houses are MUCH easier to make when the gingerbread is already made. This kit required me to make the gingerbread from scratch and I had to ice the total house just to keep it from falling down. This is not my best house, and this is the first time I have ever used the hot glue gun on the gingerbread house, but Jack had fun eatingthe candy and decorating the house--that's all that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment