Friday, December 17, 2010

Sugar Cookies and Birthday Boy

Today, Jack got to celebrate his birthday at school since there is no school next week. He brought Funfetti cookies and he told me he got to pass out two for each kid. He also got to wear a special crown and everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and "May the Dear Lord Bless You." Mrs. Towsley gave him cotton candy. He was just asking for cotton candy yesterday because his cousin Braden turned six yesterday and when Jack called him to tell him happy birthday, Braden was talking about his cotton candy.

We also decorated six dozen sugar cookies today. Jack helped me to the very end! He loved to ice them and use the sprinkles. I was impressed with his attention span and creativity. While decorating them, he started to tell me who he was making each cookie for, mostly his aunts, uncles and cousins. At one point, he told me it was was for "the little two-year-old girl." When I asked him who was two, he told me Samantha. Then, I realized who he was talking about. A few weeks ago, my church group, Women of Grace, adopted a family from the Women's Care Center. I took Jack with me to shop for this family of four. He picked out pants, shirts, socks, shoes, a jacket and underwear for each of the kids. The youngest girl, Samantha is who he was talking about. I thought it was sweet for him to be so generous and also remember this family. I wish there was a way we could get some cookies to this family.

The sugar cookies mark the end of my Christmas baking! A triple batch of lemon cookies, double batch of Oreo bark, sugar cookies and fudge! That doesn't count the triple batch of Funfetti cookies I made for Jack's class and a few mothers that had babies recently. Whew! There is a lot of sugar around here!

Carter wanted in a picture :)
I love this picture of my dad with the kids!
Jack's birthday crown


Decorating cookies this afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment