Saturday, October 19, 2013

Elizabeth Gets First Haircut

I know, I know. They are 4 years old and have never had their hair trimmed. Today, I couldn't take the unevenness in Elizabeth's hair. Anna's hair is so curly you can't tell if it is uneven and Kate, well, Kate hardly has any hair to begin with. But Elizabeth and her hair twirling habit and left her with some very short sides and long, long back. So I took her to get a trim. My purpose was not to even her hair out because it would have been way above her shoulders and I can't do that, but to cut some of the back and try to blend the sides and back. It looks better. She still has a long way to go growing her sides. And she needs to stop the twirling...

I decided to take her alone. I never spend time with the girls individually and I thought this would be a great opportunity. Needless-to-say, Anna and Kate were not happy about being left behind (and not getting to ride in Dad's car) and Elizabeth was the opposite. She was nervous about riding in Dad's car. I had to pick her up to get in the car. On the way to the hair appointment, she didn't say much. She was nervous about the hair cut and held my hand the entire time. Afterwards, she got a sucker and finally was all smiles and talking up a storm. Dollar General was right next to the salon, and I thought it would be fun for her to pick out a toy for her brother and sisters. She did, although I had to talk her down from a LARGE stuffed unicorn she wanted to buy for her sisters.

It was nice just to have one-on-one time with Elizabeth. I plan to take the other two out individually soon.


Before



Cutting a little more off the back



All done


Much better

Now she is happy! Amazing what a sucker can do!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment