Sunday, February 21, 2016

Let the Magic Begin

We are ready!! Well, the kids still don't know it, but John and I have managed to keep this a secret since last August. I left Friday and although they didn't know it yet, the kids and John will join me on Sunday with Mimi.

I met up with my friend, Amy, from nursing school and my cousin Marie and a few of her friends. We were all planning on running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday morning. We signed up last July, so it was something we were all looking forward too. 

Saturday we went to the race expo, picked up our race numbers and ate a late lunch at the ESPN club at Epcot. Saturday night, we sat by the pool, had some drinks and snacks and watched the fireworks at Epcot before going to bed.

Sunday, we got up at 2:50 AM (1:50 my time) to catch a shuttle to the race which started at 5:30. There were so many people in costumes and tutu skirts! Tons of people! Amy and I were in the last coral, so we waited until after 6:30 to start the race! With each coral, they set off fireworks to start the race so it took a while. The race was fun. We started at Epcot, ran to the Magic Kingdom (taking selfies at the gate), then we ran through the castle, then back to Epcot where we finished. There were princesses and characters every few miles to take pictures with, but we didn't stop and wait in line for pictures during the race. After we finished, we headed back to the hotel for showers, then headed to meet Mimi who was waiting at our other hotel. We started out at Caribbean Beach Resort Friday and Saturday and then switched to Port Orleans Riverside on Sunday.


We made signs for our doors

This was a text from John Friday night. The girls were all upset when they took me to the airport.


At the race expo
I took this picture to send to the kids
Race expo

4:30 AM
Marie and I before the start of the race
All the corals in front of us
Finally ready to start the race
Fireworks





Getting close to Magic Kingdom entrance

Castle. A ton of the runners dressed up in costumes
An attempt to get a selfie with the castle behind us. I am terrible with selfies



Anna and Elsa are on the balcony with Kristoff




Running into Epcot

We finished!
All of us at the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment