Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saint's Alive!

We attended Saints Alive--our high school's annual auction to raise money for financial aid for the student body. John and I both attended Bishop Dwenger High School and worked at previous Saint Alive events, but had never been a guest for the dinner and auction. Driving to Dwenger, we commented on how 'old' we are--graduating from this high school 14 years ago! It was fun to see a few of the same faces--Mr. Tone our old principal, our Athletic director and one of our our old teachers-- Doc Shorter--our Latin teacher. There are some that say we fell in love in Latin class! At any rate, it was fun to be back and walk the halls again, it makes us young! The theme this year was The Golden Age of Bruges.



In our old high school gym
So many decorations are put up. We used to get two days off from school for the event.
The beautiful Szczepanski sisters--Sarah, Laura & Julie
We love our sister-in-law,  Ryan
My siblings and spouses
Julie, Sarah and I stand with my grandmother--the namesake to our youngest daughter
I look up to my grandparents. In May, they will have been married for 63 years! They have 12 children, over 60 grandchildren and over 30 great grandchildren. They are two of the most beautiful people I know.

Two more of the most beautiful people I know--my parents.



Neil and Jeremy--probably deciding on what to bid on
My mom claimed we could eat the flowers on our plates...so we all gave her our flowers when she got up and left the table for a second (I'm not sure she ate them, though)
Jeremy was gone when dinner was served...so as a joke, we gave him all our left-overs. I think he ended up with four steaks, three breasts of chicken and a few bundles of asparagus. His face was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment