Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow!

Today I took Jack and Nicholas outside to play in the snow. Everyone knows I am not a fan of the cold weather, but I was feeling slightly guilty that Jack, at age 3, has never really been outside long enough to need snow pants! I think I took him sledding once last winter on one of the coldest days of the year so it didn't last that long. Today, after bundling up the kids, we ventured out and had a blast. It was in the 30s today, so it wasn't too bad, and because I ended up pulling both boys in the sled up and down the yard, I wasn't cold at all. Jack LOVED the sledding. They also made snow angels and snow castles. Jack had to wear his smaller snow pants and we let Nicholas borrow his bigger ones. Jack's were slightly small and when he would fall down, he struggled to stand back up. I was laughing at him! When we came inside, the boys and I made snow ice cream. Sarah and Madeleine both looked at me like I was nuts when I asked them if they remembered how to make it, but the skeptics tried it when it was made and I think they thought it wasn't half bad. The boys had two bowls!

Jack in his snow bibs. He kept telling me he wasn't wearing a bib. Nicholas was giving Jack the bunny ears...isn't that what an older cousin does?
Nicholas and Jack

We don't have a ton of snow, but enough to pull the sled.
Making snow castles

No comments:

Post a Comment