Monday, May 9, 2011

Jack's Present

Jack came home from school on Friday with a wrapped present for Mother's Day. He ended up telling me what it was before I opened it--too excited, I guess. I knew what it was before he told me because I have heard about this recipe book that this preschool teacher makes from previous years. Well, Mrs. Towsley asked the kids about their favorite meals that their mom's cook for them. Here are Jack's two recipes:

Pancakes:

First she puts like 1 pound of cinnamon in a glass bowl. Then she has to put 2 eggs in the bowl. She puts them on the table and starts pounding it a little bit and it cracks and goes into the bowl. Then she has to put like 3 pounds of powder in there. She stirs it for about 10 minutes or so with a spoon. Next she makes a lost of big and little circles on a sliver pan that looks like a Q. She puts the pan on the open that is really hot--it can burn your skin off. She leaves it on there for like 2 minutes and then she gets another silver pan and flips them over. She cooks them again for 2 minutes like I just said--I don't know why she keeps cooking them. She puts them on a plate and puts like 1 pound of syrup of them and then I just eat them all up.

Jack Scudder
I like to play puzzles with Mom

Eggs:

She gets a pack of eggs and puts the whole pack on the table. Then she cracks them and throws them in the bowl. She stirs them with a spoon for like 30 minutes I would say. Then she puts like just a little batch of milk in--like 1 pound--and puts them in a sliver bowl. She puts them in the oven that is really hot--it could burn your skin off again. She cooks them for 1 minute or so. Now they are like yellow. She puts them on a plate that is a circle. Next she like puts 4 pounds of pepper on them and 1 pound of salt. She puts 11 pounds of ketchup on--actually I would say 100 pounds. Last I eat them.

Jack Scudder
Mom is really, really nice.

My Mother's favorite food and drink:
pancakes and milk





No comments:

Post a Comment