Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Season of Bruises

Well, I can't say it has been perfect weather around here, but we have had pieces of some days with sunshine. I honestly can't remember a spring with this much rain! This is the time of year when kids, especially toddlers/preschoolers, are outside playing more and seem to fall a lot! Jack's legs are all bruised and at any given time, at least one of the girls has a nice goose egg on their forehead. Right now, both Anna and Elizabeth have some purple color to their heads.

This week we celebrated with our niece, Claire, during her First Communion as well as cousins, Zoe and Irene. Our nephew, Jake, made his First Confirmation yesterday as well. God bless all of them! Also, we have been spending quite a bit of time with cousins, especially Bella, Colin and Gianna. It has been so nice to have people to play with!

Jack and I went to see our new dentist this week. Jack did great! He was nervous and when we went back to our separate rooms, he decided he wanted to watch me get my teeth cleaned first, then he would go after. He was so nervous, in fact, he started to cry. I honestly think most of his tears came from me having to leave the room, but after a minute or two, the other hygienist coaxed him back to his room by letting him play with the chair. As we all know, objects that move like the garage door, moving chairs, windows, etc. are of the utmost importance to Jack. Next thing I know, he is getting his teeth polished! This is his first cleaning with a real toothbrush! The first two trips to the dentist did not go well. He has no cavities and he was given a "goody bag" of a toothbrush, floss and some other stuff. This was the highlight of his trip! He took my goody bag and has been carrying both bags around for days--they are placed on his bed stand at night so they are there ready for him the next morning. What a silly guy. But, hey, whatever makes him brush his teeth, we will take!

In hopes to not float away, we have been spending time in the basement in the evenings (rain, rain, go away!). The girls are getting more independent and I find I am able to leave them alone for a few minutes while I clean up the kitchen/switch laundry, etc. They are also allowed to "roam" while upstairs and I have actually put away their gate that was off the four season room. They can go up and down stairs pretty well. I still get nervous, but that probably won't go away until they are four or so. Last night, after finishing up the mess in the kitchen, I went downstairs, to find Jack washing his hands in the bathroom, water on the floor and the phone off the hook, lying on the bathroom floor. All three girls just looked up at me. In picking up the phone, I realized it was 1. wet, and 2. didn't work. According to Jack, Kate dropped the phone in the toilet (I never had the courage to ask if it was before or after flushing, but I could give you a pretty good guess). I guess I'll never know. However, in the midst of all my feeling good about the new (slowly developing)independence of the girls, I think, "I wonder if stuff like this happens to Angelina Jolie?"

 
Kate and Anna at the Lytle house. We were actually able to play outside for about an hour this day. Marie and I were a team watching the seven kiddos (ages 4 and under).


Anyone tell Jack is dressing himself these days? I've learned I don't really care as long as he is comfortable, I let him have all the independence he needs.


Anna in pigtails :)


Papa, Jake and John at Jake's Confirmation


Aunt Cindy watched my kids today while I went to the grocery store. Jack was still in his Tee ball uniform.


Nice try for a picture of my four kids


Jack took these next few pictures. At least everything is green from all this rain!






The all important bat cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment