Monday, August 22, 2011

Two Year Check-up

We made it through the girls' two year check-up. I swear, with every appointment, I tell myself, it will be easier next time...And after every appointment, I think, thankfully that is over!

Today, I brought my mom and cousin along with me. I was feeling confident and almost didn't ask my cousin Maria to come with us, but I am glad I did. The appointments are just so long. This was the first appointment that they girls didn't need any shots (so I thought!), and I thought it would go rather smoothly.

Well, as usual, the girls were not fans of Dr. Jim. All three cried throughout most of the exam. They all hate getting weighed and measured. We were at the office for two hours today. And they did need one vaccine--the flu mist--which thank goodness was not a needle stick, BUT they needed their cholesterol screened, so we ended up at the office lab after the PE and flu mist. One baby cried a little during the finger stick, one screamed at the top of her lungs and the last one just looked at the lab technician, perhaps, wondering when she would get her band-aid. Can you guess who is who? Anna, Elizabeth and Kate--wouldn't you know they are all so different!

The girls checked out great. Their speech is coming along and we are going to continue Elizabeth's PT. The girls are no longer on the preemie charts and they are just starting to make the "real" charts!

Kate
20 lbs. 10 oz.
31.75 inches long (5th %)
18.25 inch (47 cm)  head (5-10th%)


Anna
21 lbs
32 inches long (10th %)
48 cm head (between 10-25th %)

Elizabeth
19 lbs. 2 oz. (this is exactly what Jack weighed at one year!)
31 inches long (2nd %)
18.25 inch head (between 5-10th %)

No comments:

Post a Comment