Tuesday, June 5, 2012

That is One BUSY Day!

It started with my dentist appointment at nine. Then, Granddad took Jack to his swim lesson at ten. Grandmom and I took the girls to their dentist appointments at 10:30 and Granddad and Jack met us after the swimming. Jack did very well with his first set of bite wing x-rays, teeth cleaning and fluoride treatments (the latter two he has had previously). The dentist said he most likely will need some orthodontic work when he starts to loose his teeth because of space in his mouth. Anna went first for the girls and Kate and Elizabeth both watched her. She did very well. My girls LOVE to have their teeth brushed. Her teeth are better spaced than Jack's according to the dentist. Kate went next and she did fine too. The dentist told us that she WILL need to see the orthodontist because of her little mouth and spacing issues. Of course, our little pacifier bug. Elizabeth--well, no surprise here, but she was NOT a fan of getting her teeth cleaned. I had to hold her in my lap. She screamed. Well, I guess I can't expect all of them to cooperate. She has great teeth and spacing is very good. No cavities for any of us.

After the dentist, and a quick lunch, I dropped the girls at their first day of summer camp...It actually went well. NO tears. When I came back to pick them up, the teacher came down to summarize what they did and while I was listening to her talk, my mom and I were half-way laughing because there is no way they did everything she was telling us...throwing a bean bag to other classmates in the circle and saying their name aloud, stopping their playing during free play when the teacher holds up a stop sign, sitting in a circle to listen to a book, etc. The manager talked to us and said they did fine. He could tell they were the youngest in the class (class is for 3 year olds and they allowed 34 month old kids as the cut off--which my girls are a few weeks shy of, but they let them in) and they had never been in that type of structured program before. John and I think they desperately need it and the class will be good for them. They will do this every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon for two hours for the next seven weeks. They had homework this week, too. They had to decorate a person like themselves and will share it in show-in-tell next Tuesday (they have show-in-tell every week too).

In-between drop-off and pick-up, since my dad was entertaining Jack (my plan is to use these four hours each week to do something fun with Jack that we can't do with the girls--sprinkler park, ice cream, go out to lunch, parks, pool, etc.), I went to pick up my new running shoes, then to Costco. When I got back from getting the girls, I unloaded the car, did a quick clean-up of the van because Carter spilled my pop while I was unloading and headed to Giant Eagle. Yes, I had to go to the grocery store because Costco doesn't sell everything that I needed. I unloaded the groceries and went to get my hair cut! I got home at 8 PM and my mom and I headed to Home Depot to get some supplies to fix our swing set, returning home just after 10PM. I guess you could say I utilized having my parents here visiting to the fullest!

Honestly, couldn't have done all that without them. They were great in helping out with the dentist, feeing and bathing them all among all else they did to fix all the little things I needed fixed around the house. Hopefully, I can convince them to come back early December when they all go back to the dentist again. Good thing dentist appointments are only twice a year!

Getting a good breakfast in before the day begins. (notice the wallpaper is gone!)
The kids saw a pediatric dentist. The office staff were excellent. They loved the girls and couldn't get enough of them. We must of had 25 compliments on them.





Watching Anna











Moral support for Lizzie
Attempt to get a picture with my BIG girls going to summer camp. See a handful of the attempts below. I had envisioned this to be a cute picture with all them looking at the camera. Not so much. The glasses were from the dentist appointment.





Anna is not looking...

Now Kate and Elizabeth aren't looking.

Worn out girls!

Thanks mom and dad like always. Love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment