Monday, December 3, 2012

President Mike Scudder

Tonight while putting Jack to bed, we read a book called, B is for Buckeye. It was given to us by a dear friend of ours when we moved away from Columbus years ago. It basically goes through the alphabet and every letter describes something important about Ohio. We get to the letter P: Presidents. There are eight presidents from Ohio. While I was reading that page, Jack was looking at the pictures. Here is our conversation:

Jack: "Where is Mike?" 
Me: "Mike who?"
Jack: "Uncle Mike."
Me: "He was never a president."
Jack: "Yes he was. He told me he was...I have a picture of him as a president in my closet."

Trying hard not to smile, I watch him get a 8X10 picture of an astronaut (in blue clothes with the American flag behind him) that my mom gave him last Christmas from NASA. He told me it was Uncle Mike in the picture. Clearly, it is some other man that according to Jack has the same hair as Uncle Mike. I had to tell him it was a picture of an astronaut and not Uncle Mike as president. It explains why he has kept that picture on a shelf leaning against his clothes for about a year.

I had to tell him Uncle Mike worked with President Bush and that he was not the actual president...

No comments:

Post a Comment